- Michael Bloomberg cofounded financial information and media company Bloomberg LP in 1981.
- He put in the seed funding for the company and now owns 88% of the business, which has revenues north of $10 billion.
- Bloomberg got his start on Wall Street in 1966 with an entry level job at investment bank Salomon Brothers. He was fired 15 years later.
- A major philanthropist, he has donated more than $5 billion to gun control, climate change and other causes.
- He announced a run for president in November 2019 (but dropped out in March 2020), and has spent hundreds of millions to defeat Donald Trump in 2020.
- The mayor of New York City for 12 years, Bloomberg is one of just four individuals to have served that long.
CEO, Bloomberg L.P.